Protagonist Code Of Conduct
At Protagonist Beer, our mission is to build better communities inspired and empowered by the brewing, consuming, and culture of beer. Really- it’s quite literally our mission statement. We believe beer is the catalyst for community, and that it bridges the divides between us, and brings us all closer together.
At the heart of this belief is the fact that we are all the same, regardless of age, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, or religion. The community that we want to build and be a part of is one that’s a fun and safe experience for everyone who visits one of our locations or joins us out in the community for an event.
In line with who we want to be as a company and the community we want to be a part of, Protagonist commits our environments to be a safe, welcoming, and harassment-free space for all people. This means spaces that are free from:
- Verbal, physical, or written abuse
- Assault or violence, including threats of violence
- Bullying or intimidation
- Illegal activity
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Non-consensual physical or simulated physical contact
- Unwanted sexual attention
- All forms of harassment, including harassing photography or recording and patterns of inappropriate social contact.
As a staff, we always want to engage in respectful dialogue and language that is responsible and sensitive to the opinions of others and free of discriminatory and racist remarks, and we expect the same of anyone who comes into our spaces and who we interact with. We also recognize that our staff will have interactions with each other outside of company time and business locations, but when any relationship or interaction between staff begins to have an effect on an employee’s performance or the workplace culture the management at Protagonist will be required to step into and address the situation.
Knowing we are far from perfect, we at Protagonist commit to:
- Intentionally and consistently act to address societal inequity and injustice in the broader community.
- Be aware of our own biases against people who are different from us, and to hold ourselves accountable for our actions and words, even if it is uncomfortable.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Acknowledge and dismantle inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Create new leadership opportunities for current and future employees within different programs and events.
- Create new opportunities for team leaders through restructuring, leadership and mentorship opportunities.
- See that diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-racism are connected to our mission and critical to ensuring the well-being of our employees and the community.
- We understand that Power Dynamics are always naturally at play. We commit to remove as many barriers as possible and create multiple avenues so every employee feels comfortable to share thoughts and ideas.
- We at Protagonist reserve the right to ask anyone on our premises to leave or to end an existing working relationship if they fail to uphold this code of conduct. And we hold ourselves to the same standard- adherence to this code of conduct is a condition for continued employment here at Protagonist.
All current employees have agreed to uphold our code of conduct as of the release of this document.
To report any unacceptable behavior by anyone on our premises or by anyone representing Protagonist out in the community, you may talk directly to the manager on duty or email [email protected].
Note: All Employees of Protagonist Beer have reviewed, agreed to, and signed the above Code of Conduct Policy.